Pages

Pin It

Thursday 14 February 2013

The Long Awaited Day 40

So, I didn't blog my Day 40 photo of the day and that's because there is more than one photo to share.  It was forecast a bit chilly and windy so we went off to Rio Safari with a bit of trepidation.  This was unfounded as it turned out to be a lovely day, sun shone, lions roared etc.  As zoos go, this is not one of the best although I must say it is much improved since the last time I visited which was about 5 or 6 years ago (maybe even longer).

We saw ...

tigers - of which I am a little diappointed that I clipped his ear


A Giraffe being fed by Charlotte


And on it's own


A dromedary


Some Jaguars - with enormous feet - would have liked these at home - just right for warming my feet on in front of the fire.


And a wee beastie either an Iguana or a Karma Karma Karma Chameleon - I forget now


There were of course lots of other animals and birds too.  The sea lion show was pretty impressive - I mean who doesn't love a sea lion.  The male ostrich appeared to be completely smitten with Nattie and proceeded to give her a quick mating dance display every time she went near - much to our delight - obviously pleased to see another long legged bird. Lllamas, pygmy hippos, dwarf goats, snakes, aligators, crocodiles and assorted deer type things and not to forget the chimpanzees on their island, which I'd not seen before


The only disappointment was the lack of Babati the elephant who had gone to the vet for a routine check up.  All in all, a good day out and I've since discovered that there are lots or promotional offers for discounted entrance tickets.  Using my Ikea card would have got me 50% off.  Oh well, I know for next time.


1 comment:

Blogger said...

You might be eligible to get a $300 IKEA Gift Card.