Pages

Pin It

Thursday 24 November 2011

So here we are..

just a month until Christmas and about a month since I last blogged.  Foiled again by things out of my control.  

Girlie #2 has been off school sick with a bad headache, that they eventually decided was sinusitis.  One course of anti-biotics later and she's as good as new.  Well, she would be if she didn't still have crutches, from the unhealing foot injury she suffered in Sept/Oct.

The house I have the keys for and whom the alarm people ring when the alarm goes off, got broken into at about 2.00 am a couple of weeks ago.  These people were desperate to get in.  They couldn't force the front gate, so they entered around the back  

Fortunately, they didn't get away with too much, but caused a lot of damage to the property. B@stards.  This then involved visits by detectives, fingerprinters, insurance bods and culminated in a trip to the police station, all accompanied by an 11 year old with sinusitis.  Can you see my eyes rolling like catherine wheels?



Next up, one of the girls' dogs - who live at their dad's house was knocked over by a car - trip to vets and a three night stay.  Is now circling around my kitchen, peeing and poohing and occasionally staring out the odd wall or cupboard door. 


 

We're off for a check up tomorrow and hope that his prognosis is good and his recovery will start to speed up a bit, otherwise I might join him in the circling and wall staring, with maybe a bit of rocking thrown in for good measure.


About this time, I managed to pull a muscle/tendon in my left shoulder, it took three days for the pain to go away.  The very next evening, I managed to do, the exact same thing to the thumb on my right hand - still hurts.


Add to the mix, assorted paediatrian, dentist, x-ray and school appointments, and I can quite safely say that if I never have to see another waiting room again, it will be too soon.


Over the past week, we have also had over 100 litres of water per square meter fall, thunder and lightning, overflowing swimming pool, loss of power, flooded fields and all the "outside" animals (turkeys, chickens, duck, ponies) are living in the big shed together.

My christmas preparations so far consist of taking delivery of one tin of Quality Street, which is safely stashed away.

Yours 
currently switching between the smell of pee and bleach
Sarah







No comments: