Pages

Pin It

Thursday 28 April 2011

Rainbow Brights Bag

 

So, I couple of weeks ago I came across these lovely colours in my local wool shop, I knew what I wanted to do with them, as I had decided to give crochet a bash.  I learned how to do Granny Squares about one hundred years ago, but have never done anything else since.  So this is how we started.

I very carefully followed the instructions given by Lucy at Attic 24 and to my surprise actually ended up with something I was quite pleased with.  I think that hooking is now going to be my yard hobby of choice as it all seems to come together a lot quicker than knitting.  Certainly I can see myself hooking throughout the summer when it is too hot to be bothered with knitting, and it also seems to be a lot more portable and unobtrusive for hooking in public!!!


So, here it is my stripy Rainbow Brights Bag





Some close ups of the flowers


And the bit where I had some problems. The colour joining bits gape open a bit and seem to twist up around the bag.  If anyone knows what I did wrong here, I'd love to know please. 


I've also already started my next project, which is to be a small and oblong red, white and blue stripy bag for Girlie #1.  To go with this summer's nautical look.  She is so much more fashion conscious than me lol.




No comments: