Pages

Pin It

Saturday 30 June 2012

Bienvenidos - Welcome




Last night the girlies had their end of music school concert.  They all had to play solos which they were all a bit nervous about, but they did fine.  When it was time to introduce the New School Band to the town, they all did exceptionally well and their director Jose Ramon should be feeling very pleased with himself.


After the concert there was of course a dinner.  I was not so politely informed by my offspring that my presence would not be required - as I am not a band member.  A couple of us unclean uninviteds trotted off to another bar to feed our faces, quench our thirsts and marvel at how well our rogeny were doing.


Dinner over we started to stroll back to the car and around a corner came across this band playing in the street.  They were fantastic and inbetween tunes I managed to ask one of them what they were playing for.  It would appear that as a band they have somehow "adopted" a young (I would say about 19/21) african lad and yesterday he received his Spanish nationality.


The party was to mark this.  What a truly lovely thing to do.  It made the hairs on my arms stand on end and gave me goose bumps.  Aren't there some truly lovely people around?

No comments: