Pages

Pin It

Monday 12 March 2012

Tempus fugit...

And it's another whole month since I've blogged again! You would've thought that with having the girlies away at their dad's it would give me more time.  It appears that the opposite is true though.

I have however been a very busy bee, tackling jobs that I wouldn't usually have the time for whilst they are here.  All the hunreds of books I removed my book case - they were double and triple stacked have been sorted and I have kept those that I would definitely read again.  The excess are all going to be car booted when we've finishd clearing out the toy room.  So, not only did I get rid of the detritus, I also arranged the keepers into rainbow order!  Look how pretty.



I also made myself a headboard, from some old picket fence posts and painted it.


And a close up, really pleased with how it turned out, and I'll be able to change the colour as I please.




I just need to get some paint now for the bedroom walls, I'm thinking of a nice light bluey grey, something along these lines



Going for a bit of a beachy theme I think.  Shame the wardrobe and chests of drawers are all to new and nice to paint up.  What do you think?

Next up was this old chest of drawers, that has lived many years in the shed, mostly use for keeping tools and crap junk in

 
 They don't look too bad from this pic, but up close they are quite scratched and a bit ropey
 









So far these have been rubbed down and undercoated and are awaiting their top coat, of which I am in two minds - eek.  My first thought was white surround and rainbow drawers, but the girlies aren't too impressed with this idea - they think it's babyish :(  And I will probably go with a dark (Grecian) blue instead.

On top of all this, I started my spring cleaning and going aginst the norm I started in my bedroom.  Well, the sitting room has just been repainted so it's really only washing the sofa covers there, and I decided to put myself first for once.  The kitchen has been done too - just the infernal windows to clean and next up are the girls bedrooms - once I pluck up the courage to get in there!!!

So, I have beeen very busy, just not blogging. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE your headboard, stunning! No furniture is too new to paint, do it!
Well done on the spring clean, remind me I must start mine but need a major declutter first x

Sonriendo said...

Aww, thank you - problem is I actually like the existing drawers etc. Decluttering has started with avengence here ;-)